Part-Time BiblioTemps® Assistant
The BiblioTemps® Assistant is responsible for assisting the BiblioTemps® Manager in the daily operations of BiblioTemps®, a short-term library staffing service at the Massachusetts Library System, Inc. The BiblioTemps® Assistant will work closely with the Manager of our BiblioTemps® Service to improve and grow this unique enterprise within our library community. The main focus of this position will be to assist with data entry, reporting, communications, and marketing. The incumbent contributes to a positive work environment and to effective communications with candidates, MLS Members, partners and staff.
Supervision: Works with a high degree of independence under the direction of the BiblioTemps® Manager.
Reports to the Business/HR Director as part of the member services team.
Works with MLS staff, members, vendors/contractors, and representatives of partnering organizations.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business or Marketing with some office experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in speech and in writing, with library personnel, MLS staff, partners, and vendors/contractors.
- Ability to initiate, organize and self-direct work responsibilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other MLS staff on project based and interdepartmental tasks and assignments.
- Works with MLS staff, members, vendors/contractors, and representatives of partnering organizations.
- Experience working with data, statistics and related software.
- Copy editing and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of human resources operations and/or libraries is desirable but not required.
- Experience using: applicant tracking, accounting, payroll, and/or customer relations management systems.
- Excellent writing, editing, and research skills.
- Background in business, marketing, and/or project management.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assists the BiblioTemps® Manager in the development and execution of both a business and marketing plan.
- Assists manager with promotional events like job fairs and conference booths.
- Creates marketing materials and coordinates marketing of BiblioTemps® service with manager.
- Identifies opportunities for further development of business processes and applicant tracking system. Leads implementation in consultation with manager and vendor.
- Coordinates and manages promotional materials.
- Manages routine communication with potential clients and temporary staff.
- Maintains data in applicant tracking system, updating and entering new candidate information, clients, and requests for personnel.
- Posts placement opportunities.
- Processes new-hire paperwork for temporary staff and manages “on-boarding” process.
- Prepares documents and contracts, per specifications of the BiblioTemps® Manager.
- Act as backup in absence of BiblioTemps® Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position requires light to moderate physical effort demanded when performing functions under typical office and computer use conditions. Light to moderate physical effort and stamina required for frequent travel and transport of work-related materials and equipment to meeting and training sites. The successful candidate must be able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
Must possess a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License valid for use in Massachusetts and provide the means of transportation to fulfill job duties throughout Massachusetts and attend relevant meetings.
Candidates must be eligible for permanent employment in the United States, and appointments are subject to a criminal background check.
This position is non-exempt from the wage and overtime provisions of the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act.
Non-Exempt Grade 6
Hourly Rate – $ 18.68 per hour
No more than 19 hours per week
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Massachusetts Library System, Inc. is a state-funded not-for-profit corporation governed by its member libraries with offices in Marlborough & Northampton, Massachusetts.
MLS is an equal opportunity employer.
MLS is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, marital status, sex, physical or mental challenge, creed, religion, political affiliation, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation. Members of underrepresented groups, and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment are encouraged to apply.