Happy Spring, MLS members! We are pleased to share with you our March Member Update.
Marlborough Office News
We continue to work with our broker to find a new home for the Marlborough office. We hope to have news soon.
MLS welcomed 1 new member and 2 new directors in February
• Saint John School Library, Wellesley
• Huntington Public Library – Heather Dunfee
• Warwick Free Public Library – Ivan Ussach
An Open House is being planned at Optima’s Plymouth sort site for May. We are confirming dates and will post soon. This is a great opportunity to see how the sort-to-light works, and you may even get to try the process out!
Executive Board members met with two legislators late in February:
• Senator Jehlen
• Representative Crocker
Library Legislative Day
Several MLS staff members attended the MLA/MSLA Library Legislative Day on March 5, 2019 to support the library legislative agenda. Congratulations to MLA, MSLA and the entire library community on a great day!
MLS Spring Continuing Education
Our spring classes are filling up, but there are still spots available. Check out all of our learning opportunities on our calendar.
We also have some discussion groups coming up:
• Directors’ Roundtable Lunchtime Discussion: Staff Structure and Other Topics at the Hopkinton Public Library on April 30
• MLS Listening Tour at the MLA Conference on May 21 at the Sheraton Framingham
• Small Library Lunchtime Discussion at the Langley-Adams Public Library in Groveland on May 28.
• Small Library Lunchtime Discussion at the Mattapoisett Free Public Library in Mattapoisett on May 31.
• Directors’ Roundtable Lunchtime Discussion: Staff Structure and Other Topics at the Bushnell-Sage Public Library, Sheffield, MA on June 13
If you are interested in hosting a discussion group, please let us know. Contact Sarah Donnelly, MLS Event Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org