Dear Mass Library System Members,
We are pleased to report that the Executive Board has approved the draft Strategic Plan: 2017-2019 for distribution. We offer a text version and and illustrated version for your review. The MLS Strategic Planning Committee began this process in February 2016 and has been gathering and analyzing information since then.
Throughout this process we have heard three clear messages:
- MLS must continue to find ways to work closely with its members for the library community to thrive;
- Marketing and advocacy are vitally important to the future of libraries; and
- Change is a continuous theme for all libraries.
These repeated concerns and issues have become the basis for MLS’ strategic goals for 2017-2019.
Five overarching themes emerged to guide our direction and actions:
- Strengthen the Massachusetts library community;
- Use our resources efficiently for the best sustainable outcomes;
- Social justice is an imperative for libraries and MLS;
- Provide opportunities for MLS staff success;
- Align actions with the MBLC.
We’d like to thank the 17 members of the Strategic Planning Committee, the MLS staff and Executive Board, everyone from the library community who participated in meetings, online discussions, or other conversations to make this possible, and our planning consultant Abby Straus (Maverick & Boutique) for her excellent facilitation.
We now present this draft for review to you, the Massachusetts library community, and we welcome your comments and suggestions. Please join us at a Town Hall Meeting to share your thoughts and perspective; post your comments on our survey or feel free to contact us directly to make your voice heard. Let us know how the plan can best benefit libraries and their constituencies. We’d love to hear your suggestions.
Join the Conversation!
1. Attend one of our Town Hall Meetings to present and discuss the plan with members and stakeholders . Please join us at one of these in-person or online events–RSVP here for an event in Pittsfield on 8/17, Northampton on 8/18, Middleton on 8/19, Plymouth 8/22, Boston on 8/26, Marlborough on 9/7, and online on 8/23 and 9/12.
2. Contact the Planning Committee by September 1st:
Will Adamczyk (Milton Public Library) and Strategic Planning Committee Chair and MLS Executive Board Member email@example.com | 617-898-4949
or Greg Pronevitz, MLS Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org | 508-357-2121 x303
3. Complete our online input form by September 1st please Click Here
Will Adamczyk (Milton Public Library) and Strategic Planning Committee Chair
email@example.com | 617-898-4949
Greg Pronevitz, MLS Executive Director
firstname.lastname@example.org | 508-357-2121 x303