Position Description: Resource Sharing Intern [Part Time]
Massachusetts Library System
MLS seeks a highly motivated LIS graduate student for an exciting internship opportunity to support the Commonwealth eBook Collections program, the new and growing statewide eBook program in Massachusetts. The intern will assist with overall program support, assist with the development of program analytics and assist with overall program communications. It is estimated that this internship will be roughly eight hours per week.
Supervision: Resource Sharing Director
Works with MLS staff, members, vendors/contractors, and representatives of partnering organizations.
- Current student in a graduate library science program
- Excellent internal and external customer service focus
- The ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with MLS members, partners and staff in a variety of modes
- Excellent office computer skills
- The ability to initiate, organize and self-direct work responsibilities
- The willingness and ability to learn, adapt and grow
- Prior coursework or experience with electronic resources preferred
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides general support for the Commonwealth eBook Collections program in a team environment including overall support and communications.
- Analyzes statistical information from the program and helps to create reports that evaluate the program and that help libraries understand the value of the program, or return on investment.
The position requires light to moderate physical effort demanded when performing functions under typical office and computer use conditions. Light to moderate physical effort and stamina required for frequent travel and transport of work related materials and equipment to meeting and training sites. The successful candidate must be able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
Must possess a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License valid for use in Massachusetts and provide the means of transportation to fulfill job duties throughout Massachusetts and attend relevant meetings. Regular appearance in an MLS office is required though some work may be completed remotely.
Candidates must be eligible for permanent employment in the United States, and appointments are subject to a criminal background check.
This position is unpaid, part-time internship. MLS is willing to work with the right candidate to tailor the intership to meet graduate school field study/internship requirements.
The Massachusetts Library System, Inc. is a state-funded not-for-profit corporation governed by its member libraries with offices in Marlborough & Whately, Massachusetts.
MLS is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org