Geek the Library is an community-based public awareness campaign designed to highlight libraries vital role in today’s challenging economic environment.
- Do you want to grab attention for your library from community members-both library users and nonusers?
- Do you want to position your library as a critical asset for job seekers?
- Do you want to highlight the library as an access point for technology, continuing education and economic benefits?
Now available to all public libraries, Geek the Library was developed by OCLC with a Chicago marketing firm. Funded by the Gates Foundation, the campaign has helped pilot libraries initiate and expand relationships with influential members of their community and the media, for starting important funding discussions.
Jennifer Pearson will visit Massachusetts for a series of workshops and site visits to our pilot libraries May 25 -27. Interested in how your library can become a Massachusetts pilot library?
- Visit get.geekthelibrary.org.
- Assistant Administrator Carolyn Noah will include information about MLS’s pilot project in a program at the Massachusetts Library Association on Wednesday, April 27, from 3-4:15.
- If you can not attend MLA contact Cheryl Bryan at email@example.com for further information about the workshops and our pilot program.