Links to webinars & workshops, MLS events, and MLS media channels.
- Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and the Library: Reaching,Engaging, and Serving Your Local Special Needs Community (May 2013) [1hr:3min] – Ashley Waring, Children’s Librarian, Reading Public Library
- Jazz Up Your Job Descriptions (April 2013) [1hr:7min] – Maureen Ambrosino, Library Director, Westborough Public Library & Kristi Williams, Assistant Town Manager/HR Director, Town of Westborough.
- Emergency Planning for Public Libraries (February 2013) [1hr:10min] – Dr. Steven B. Goldman, Consultant.
- Copyright webinars (January 2013) – Three webinars on various copyright issues and current topics offered in January 2013. Presented by Mary Minow, law consultant with LibraryLaw.com and manager of the Stanford Copyright and Fair Use website. And Brandon Butler, Director of Public Policy Initiatives at the Association of Research Libraries (ARL).
- Copyright Basics: What Library Folks Really Oughta Know [1hr:10min] – Mary Minow
- Code of Best Practices in Fair Use [58min] – Brandon Butler
- Hot Topics in Copyright [1hr:8min] – Mary Minow
- The Truth About Bedbugs (January 2013) [43min] – Doreen Blades, President of US Eco Products Corporation.
- Participating in Creative Commons (November 2012) [1hr:14min] – Michael Sauers, Technology Innovation Librarian, Nebraska Library Commission in Lincoln, NE.
- Interactive Early Literacy Learning Centers: From Grand Places to Table Top Spaces (November 2012) [1hr:6min] – Denise Robinson, Children’s Librarian, Watertown Free Public Library.
- MassCIS: Massachusetts Career Information System (August 2012) – Kelly Jo Woodside, MLS / BiblioTemps.
- Linkedin for Job Seekers (July 2012) – Kelly Alice Robinson, Career Information Services Manager, Boston College.
- BISAC: A New Way to Organize with the Patron in Mind (June 2012) – Deb Hoadley, MLS
- Part 1 [43min]
- Part 2 [55min]
MLS media channels
- Vimeo channel – The primary MLS site for online webinars & workshop videos.
- UStream channel - The site for live MLS events as well as a collection of previously streamed video events.
- YouTube channel – In beta, currently our YouTube channel is an avenue to other library and library agency YouTube sites. Some duplicate videos from our Vimeo channel can be found here as well.