The Massachusetts Library System Policy collection includes samples from a variety of settings across Massachusetts and is maintained by the Massachusetts Library System.
Have suggestions for additional links?
A new and improved Massachusetts Policy Collection can be found in this LibGuide. The LibGuide will be updated with any new policies.
Inclusion in this collection does not constitute an endorsement.
Sample Massachusetts Library Policies
- Collection Development
- Confidentiality of Library Records
- ◊◊Policy Responses to the USA PATRIOT Act
- Customer Service
- Decertified Libraries and Borrowing Privileges
- Ebook and Ebook Devices
- Equipment Policies
- Exhibit, Bulletin Board, and Free Materials Distribution Policies
- Fragrance Free Policies
- Interlibrary Loan
- Internet Use (Includes Wireless Access Policies)
- Meeting Room Use
- Date Due Promotional
- Patron Behavior
- Program Policies
- Reference Service
- Safety/Disaster Library Policies
- Sexual Harassment Policies
- Social Software Policies
- Storm Closing Policies
- Unattended Children
- Volunteer Policies
- Website Policies (Includes photo release forms)