MASSACHUSETTS LIBRARY SYSTEM
JOB DESCRIPTION COLLECTION
NORTHFIELD MOUNT HERMON SCHOOL
TECHNICAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE
Department: NMH Library System Date: May, 1998
Reports to: Director of Library & Academic Resources Revised: February, 2006
Classification: Staff - PT
Term of Employment: Academic Year
Summary of Position Purpose:
Responsible for acquiring materials selected by librarians, maintaining the librarys account records, and providing back up technical and public service support. Work with colleagues in the NMH library system to provide circulation services so that students, faculty and other members of the NMH community can make full use of scholarly resources and obtain immediate and direct access to all forms of information.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
receives books and other formats of library materials. Maintains order files and
selectors apprised of status of their orders. Returns incorrect or damaged materials.
2. Assists in the cataloging of library materials.
3. Oversees office supply inventory. Orders library equipment.
4. Receives, verifies, and examines all material acquisitions.
5. Produces monthly reports for Collection Development Coordinator.
6. Creates bi-monthly acquisition list to inform NMH Community.
7. Oversees participation in the MARLS Material and Supply Cooperative
8. Records money transactions and keep current balances for all library accounts.
invoice payments. Resolves billing errors and discrepancies. Monitors
10. Performs administrative assistant for the director.
11. Assists in annual inventory and other end of school year projects.
12. Engages as a team member in the continuing evolution of the NMH library System.
13. Attends meetings, including those of the NMH library system.
14. Engages in special projects at the request of the director of library and academic resources.
-- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, faculty, staff, and community members and flexibly with colleagues throughout the school
-- Accounting background preferred
-- Competence in word processing and spreadsheets
-- Ability to use and manipulate the library computer system
-- Understanding of library processes and procedures
-- Commitment to making a positive impact on the lives of adolescents and willingness to embrace the challenges of the boarding school environment
-- Ability to work independently