MASSACHUSETTS LIBRARY SYSTEM
JOB DESCRIPTION COLLECTION
NORTHFIELD MOUNT HERMON SCHOOL
Department: NMH Library System Date: May, 1998
Reports to: Director of Library & Academic Resources Revised: February, 2006
Classification: Staff - FT
Term of Employment: Academic Year
Summary of Position Purpose:
Provides multi-media instruction and services to faculty, staff and students, acquiring media materials and equipment and maintaining appropriate records. Works with colleagues in the NMH library system to provide circulation services so students, faculty and other members of the NMH community can make full use of scholarly resources and obtain immediate and direct access to all forms of information.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversees video editing, instruction and production with students and faculty.
2. Develops, maintain, and circulates media collection, rental videos/dvd and media equipment. Maintains appropriate records.
3. Acquires all new media materials, equipment inventory and distribution.
4. Schedules Beveridge Auditorium space and troubleshoots equipment operation in that space.
5. Arranges equipment loans; instructs faculty, staff, and students on equipment operation and policies.
6. Schedules, trains and supervises work job students.
7. Works with faculty and students to develop multimedia presentations for all school meetings.
8. Works with outside speakers to set up presentations for all school meetings.
9. Works in collaboration with IT to help troubleshoot classroom technology problems.
10. Overseas Media budget.
11. Oversees and tracks equipment repairs and replacements.
12. Posts new film information on Library intranet.
13. Engages as a team member in the continuing evolution of the NMH library System.
14. Attends meetings, including those of the NMH library system.
15. Engages in special projects at the request of the director of library and academic resources.
-- Bachelors degree preferred
-- Strong computer skills, three years experience preferred, with multimedia equipment and software.
-- Actively acquire new skills in use of emerging technology with computers, video editing, and multimedia software.
-- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, faculty, staff, and community members and flexibly with colleagues throughout the school
-- Commitment to making a positive impact on the lives of adolescents and willingness to embrace the challenges of the boarding school environment
-- Occasional nights and weekends, as needed.