MASSACHUSETTS LIBRARY SYSTEM
JOB DESCRIPTION COLLECTION
CHELMSFORD PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Library Aide Duties
1. Check library materials in and out of library.
2. Shelve materials and straighten collection daily.
Provide assistance to patrons (students, teachers, and other staff members) in
the library as
Provide clerical duties, such as making and receiving phone calls, maintaining
files of materials,
especially publishers catalogs; and screening mail, as needed.
5. Pull resources for teachers.
6. Assist librarian in performing yearly weeding and inventory.
7. Prepare, maintain, and distribute overdue notices to teachers and students.
8. Receive orders and reconcile packing slips and invoices.
9. Perform minor material repairs.
10. Process and catalog magazines.
11. Cover books that do not arrive with covers. (So far this year weve had about 25 of these.)
12. Assist in the supervision of volunteers and student helpers.
13. Supervise operation of the library in the absence of the librarian.
14. Assist in library publicity and special activities.