The Massachusetts Library System is seeking an enthusiastic individual for the position of Member Services and Office Support Coordinator.
MLS is a statewide service provider for 1,700 Massachusetts libraries of all types and sizes throughout the Commonwealth. MLS provides continuing education, advisory services, an integrated library system, physical delivery of library materials and a statewide buying cooperative.
The successful individual will perform varied and highly responsible functions including administrative, clerical, and front office support for MLS staff and operations, and project support to member libraries. This position works extensively with the Business Manager, assists and coordinates the day to day operations of member services acting as primary contact,assists and coordinates designated services to member libraries, and responds to member inquiries accurately and in a timely manner.
Supervision: Works with a high degree of independence under the direction of the Business Manager
Works with MLS staff, members, vendors/contractors, and representatives of partnering organizations.
Ability to interact favorably and to communicate effectively, in speech and in writing, with library personnel, MLS staff, and vendors/contractors. Strong customer service orientation. Ability to initiate, organize and self-direct work responsibilities. Ability to work collaboratively with other MLS staff as needed on project-based and interdepartmental tasks and assignments.
A minimum of 3 years experience in library, library system or information services including proven ability or experience in all of the following areas:
- Provide customer service for library delivery services
- Handle, track, and respond effectively to customer service requests
- Work effectively with service providers and/or vendors to respond to customer needs
- Strong experience using standard office software, email, and web tools for communications and record keeping
- Office equipment and supplies management
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates and maintains membership participation data on supply and materials cooperative purchasing
- Under supervision of Business Manager, maintains accounting databases; Compiles accounting/financial reports as necessary.
- Responsible for handling delivery issues between member libraries and vendor,e.g., claims processing; tracks problems and solutions; coordinates communications on delivery issues.
- Enters member information for MBLC Library Directory (LDAP)
- Acts as Office Receptionist; answers telephones, routes calls, takes messages, greets visitors; maintains a customer-oriented front office
- Responsibility for carrying out opening and closing procedures; communication with the landlord, other staff, and vendors to ensure smooth operations.
- Ensures that public and shared areas are kept neat and clean; provides set up and clean up for meetings.
- Maintains statistical information/databases of MLS service; Compiles statistical reports as needed
- Assists with remote webinars, including set-up, monitoring and archiving.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail and other communications
- Maintains paper and electronic files for shared use; provides responsive support to MLS staff in areas of administration, clerical, facilities, and support.
- Responsibility for the maintenance of the office and events calendar and for monitoring room/resource reservations
- Maintains member database and manages registration for events.
- Keeps current with software, hardware, equipment, and policies to ensure smooth operations.
- Provides administrative/secretarial support to MLS staff as needed.
- Attends appropriate training under the direction of the Business Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Minimum of two years of office management experience. Proficiency in writing and public speaking; Demonstrated working knowledge of personal computers, office procedures.
Education: High School diploma or equivalency required; undergraduate degree preferred.
Abilities required include light to moderate physical effort demanded when performing functions under typical office and computer use conditions. Light to moderate physical effort and stamina required for frequent travel and transport of work related materials and equipment to meeting and training sites.
Must possess a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License valid for use in Massachusetts and provide the means of transportation to fulfill job duties throughout Massachusetts and attend relevant meetings.
Must be legally eligible for permanent employment in the U.S.
This position is not exempt from the wage and overtime provisions of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act.
Position is based on MLS headquarters in Marlborough, MA.
SALARY RANGE- $30,000 – $35,000 per year
Applications are due by Friday April 5, 2013. Applications will not be read without:
- A cover letter describing your interests and qualifications;
- A resume; and,
- Contact information for three references.
Applications should be sent via e-mail only in Word or PDF format to Catherine Utt at firstname.lastname@example.org