2017 Application is now open
Project SET: Skills, Empowerment, Talent is a learning community guided by members of the Mass. Library Systems Advisory team. Project participants will engage in activities and discussions designed to develop their leadership skills as a trainer in the library community.
Project SET has been established in order to cultivate new talent amongst the library community of Massachusetts and provide the support and encouragement to build participants confidence and strengthen their career paths.
This project began as a one-year pilot in January 2015, to see what our first group accomplished check out our libguide. Due to the enthusiastic response of our participants and members, this program will be repeated in 2017. Our newest round of Project SET will begin in June and conclude in December 2017.
Interested members are invited to apply online. A group of 8-10 individuals will be selected from a pool of qualified applicants. The ideal candidate will be new to program design and instruction but demonstrate an enthusiasm for becoming an engaged member of our library community.
This program focuses on six key themes and the overall breakdown is as follows:
- Trends and emerging topics in the library field (20%)
- Instructional design (15%)
- Presentation skills (25%)
- Communication (15%)
- Leadership (15%)
- Career development (10%)
Those chosen to participate will be expected to:
- Attend six in person meetings on the second Wednesday of the month at our Marlborough Office:
- Wednesday June 14, 2017
- Wednesday July 12, 2017
- Wednesday August 9, 2017
- Wednesday September 13, 2017
- Wednesday October 11, 2017
- Wednesday December 13, 2017
2. Participate in:
- Online discussions
- Reading assignments
- Video Tutorials
3. Design and present on an emerging topic in the library field at the MLS Annual Meeting on November 6, 2017.
Participants will be working closely with the following members of the Mass. Library System Consultant Team-
Kelly Jo Woodside
Questions about this program should be addressed to Amanda Fauver, Project Manager.
Phone- 508-357-2121 ext. 309
To apply please complete the online application.
Additional application materials will be requested and include the following-
- Current resume
- Letter of support from your supervisor, including their understanding of the time and travel commitment
- One additional letter of reference (not from an MLS staff member or your supervisor)
Applications are due by April 14th, 2017
There is no cost to participate, however only applicants who are currently employed as a permanent staff member of a member library with the support of their supervisor will be considered.