Would building relationships with social services agencies help your library’s community? Are you interested to provide more support for immigrants? Are you curious to explore the viability of partnerships with social workers to offer social service referrals and create staff trainings on topics like diversity, poverty, and social justice?
Join us for a community forum to explore library/social services partnerships.
Background: In August, MLS conducted a survey of the interest of Massachusetts library directors to partner with us to facilitate public library/social work partnerships. Over 50 library directors responded to the survey, and over half of the respondents expressed interest to collaborate with us. As a result of the survey, we decided to broaden the scope of this project from social work to social services partnerships.
How can you get involved?
Register to attend the forum at the location most convenient for you.
- MLS Marlborough Office on October 19, 2017 from 1 – 3 PM
- Mashpee Public Library on October 27, 2017 from 1 – 3 PM
- MLS Northampton Office on October 31, 2017 from 1 – 3 PM
- Malden Public Library on November 14, 2017 from 1 – 3 PM
What’s the agenda for the forum?
- Learn about results of the survey and upcoming MLS programs.
- If interested, share a brief update of your library’s experience.
- Participate in an innovation/ideation activity to identify future directions.