Your membership in the Massachusetts Library System extends your library’s reach. It allows your library:
- Advisory services to provide you and your library staff the opportunity to maintain currency and increased knowledge in the field of librarianship.
- Continuing education for you and your library staff at one of our many workshops held throughout the Commonwealth or at your library. MLS offers classes for school library members that qualify for PDPs.
- Delivery Services are provided to support resource sharing amongst Massachusetts libraries
- Full-text online databases access that include magazine, journal, newspaper, and reference titles for library users of all ages.
- Statewide materials and supply cooperative participation that will save your library money on books, audiovisuals, and needed administrative and technical services supplies.
- Eligibility to apply for Library Services and Technology (LSTA) grants provided through the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners (MBLC), once a library has filed a strategic plan with that agency.
For questions, contact: Shirley MacLean (firstname.lastname@example.org / 508-357-2121 x130)