Massachusetts Library System
Position Description: Full-Time
Communications & Delivery Coordinator
Primary contact for MLS delivery service customer service. Works closely with member libraries, delivery contractor, and MLS leadership to ensure efficient, high-quality services and communications. This service provides state-wide delivery service supporting over 7 million interlibrary loans per year and serves more than 500 library locations.
Coordinate MLS communications with member libraries and stakeholders in collaboration with MLS leadership and staff. Ensure timely announcements about MLS services and activities on web site, social media, email, in print, etc.
Supervision: Works with a high degree of independence reporting to the Business & HR Director.
Works with MLS staff, and vendors/contractors, and representatives of partnering organizations.
Position may be based in either MLS office: Marlborough or Northampton.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalency required.
- Minimum of two years of office experience.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in verbally and in writing, with library personnel, MLS staff, partners, and vendors/contractors
- Strong experience using standard office software, email, and web tools for communications, social media, and record keeping.
- Ability to initiate, organize and self-direct work responsibilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other MLS staff as needed on project based and interdepartmental tasks and assignments.
- Works with MLS staff, members, vendors/contractors, and representatives of partnering organizations.
- Ability to play a key role in communications, content marketing strategy, and content curation for MLS.
- Education: Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Experience providing customer service and/or logistics/delivery services.
- Experience in communications, content marketing strategy, and content curation .
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates and handles the daily communications between courier and member libraries, e.g., claims processing, tracking problems, troubleshooting, and recommending solutions;
- Coordinates communications on delivery issues (via phone/email), scheduling , etc.
- Update delivery information resources as needed: Sugar CRM, delivery schedules, delivery guide, delivery index, MLS website, and email lists.
- Handle, track, and respond effectively to customer service requests.
- Maintains statistical information/data bases of MLS service; Compiles statistical reports and conducts and analyses member survey results as needed.
- Manage lost and damaged claim spreadsheets, reimbursements and related tasks.
- Order office supplies for Marlborough office.
- Send holiday reminders, gather library-closing information/schedules and send to courier.
- Coordinate Delivery surveys and tabulates results in March and October.
- Order Delivery related products and branding materials.
- Participates on Delivery Advisory Committee with MLS members and leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Together with the MLS Leadership Team, educate members and the library communities throughout the state about MLS and its services and opportunities.
- Coordinate communication efforts across MLS, working with all staff and leadership to develop a cohesive and effective marketing strategy.
- Assist in the creation of content regularly to grow company’s footprint on WordPress web site, social media, email, in print, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Office Duties
- Assist with school recertification process.
- Acts as Office Receptionist; answers telephones, routes calls, takes messages, greets visitors; maintains a customer –oriented front office.
- Assist with registration, set up, tear down, and clean up at MLS events.
The position requires light to moderate physical effort demanded when performing functions under typical office and computer use conditions. Light to moderate physical effort and stamina required for frequent travel and transport of work related materials and equipment to meeting and training sites. The successful candidate must be able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
Must possess a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License valid for use in Massachusetts and provide the means of transportation to fulfill job duties throughout Massachusetts and attend relevant meetings.
Candidates must be eligible for permanent employment in the United States, and appointments are subject to a criminal background check.
This position is non-exempt from the wage and overtime provisions of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act.
SALARY RANGE – $ 33,911 – $ 44,090
MLS full-time staff members receive a benefits package that includes health insurance; dental insurance, life insurance and a defined contribution plan through TIAA-CREF. (MLS is a private, non-profit organization and does not participate in any public retirement plan.)
The Massachusetts Library System, Inc. is a state-funded not-for-profit corporation governed by its member libraries with offices in Marlborough & Northampton, Massachusetts.
MLS is an equal opportunity employer.
MLS is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, marital status, sex, physical or mental challenge, creed, religion, political affiliation, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation. Members of underrepresented groups, and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment are encouraged to apply.
Please email resume to email@example.com